Article version: Enterprise Server 2.18
Recovering your SSH key passphrase
If you've lost your SSH key passphrase, depending on the operating system you use, you may either recover it or you may need to generate a new SSH key passphrase.
If you configured your SSH passphrase with the OS X Keychain, you may be able to recover it.
- In Finder, search for the Keychain Access app.
- In Keychain Access, search for SSH.
- Double click on the entry for your SSH key to open a new dialog box.
- In the lower-left corner, select Show password.
- You'll be prompted for your administrative password. Type it into the "Keychain Access" dialog box.
- Your password will be revealed.