Welcome to the GitHub Enterprise User Management Guide. Use this guide to:
- Decide on and implement an authentication method for users signing in to your GitHub Enterprise Server instance.
- Create and manage organizations and teams within your GitHub Enterprise Server instance for repository access and collaboration.
- Configure global webhooks to track events at the instance level.
- Review best practices for ensuring your GitHub Enterprise users are keeping themselves and their data as safe and secure as possible.
GitHub Enterprise is distributed as a virtual machine image that you install and manage within your existing infrastructure. For more information on installing and configuring your GitHub Enterprise Server instance, see the GitHub Enterprise Setup and Configuration Guide.
Table of Contents
- Authenticating users for your GitHub Enterprise Server instance
- Basic account settings
- Organizations and teams
- User security