As a site administrator, you can view a list of Git push operations for any repository on your GitHub Enterprise instance.
Push log entries show:
- who initiated the push
- whether it was a force push or not
- the branch someone pushed to
- the protocol used to push
- what the originating IP address was
- the Git client used to push
- the SHA hashes from before and after the operation
Via a web browser
- Open a repository's page in your browser.
In the upper-right corner of any page, click .
In the upper-right corner of the page, click Security.
- In the left sidebar, click Push Log.
Via the command-line
- SSH into your appliance. For more information, see "Accessing the administrative shell (SSH)."
- Open the audit log file in the appropriate Git repository:
ghe-repo owner/repository -c "less audit_log"