- In another user's repository, browse to the folder that contains the file you want to edit. Click the name of the file you want to edit.
- Above the file content, click . At this point, GitHub forks the repository for you.
- Make any changes you need to the file.
Above the new content, click Preview changes.
At the bottom of the page, type a short, meaningful commit message that describes the change you made to the file.
Click Propose file change.
- Type a title and description for your pull request.
- Click Create pull request.