Welcome to the GitHub Enterprise User Management Guide. Use this guide to:
- Decide on and implement an authentication method for users signing in to your GitHub Enterprise instance.
- Create and manage organizations and teams within your GitHub Enterprise instance for repository access and collaboration.
- Configure global webhooks to track events at the instance level.
- Review best practices for ensuring your GitHub Enterprise users are keeping themselves and their data as safe and secure as possible.
GitHub Enterprise is distributed as a virtual machine image that you install and manage within your existing infrastructure. For more information on installing and configuring your GitHub Enterprise instance, see the GitHub Enterprise Setup and Configuration Guide.
Table of Contents
- Authenticating users for your GitHub Enterprise instance
- Basic account settings
Organizations and teams
- Creating organizations
- Creating teams
- Adding people to teams
- Removing users from teams and organizations
- Preventing users from creating organizations
- Preventing users from changing a repository's visibility
- Preventing users from deleting organization repositories
- Placing a legal hold on a user or organization
- About global webhooks
- Managing global webhooks
- User security