An organization owner can promote any member of the organization to team maintainer for a team, giving them a subset of privileges available to organization owners.
Members with team maintainer permissions can:
- Change the team's name and description
- Remove organization members from the team
- Promote an existing team member to team maintainer
- Remove the team's access to repositories
- Reinstate a former organization member
Promoting an organization member to team maintainer
Before promoting an organization member to team maintainer, the person must already be a member of the team.
In the top right corner of GitHub Enterprise, click your profile photo, then click Your profile.
On the left side of your profile page, under "Organizations", click the icon for your organization.
Under your organization name, click Teams.
On the Teams tab, click the name of the team.
Select the person or people you'd like to promote to team maintainer.
- Above the list of team members, use the drop-down menu and click Change role....
- Select a new role and click Change role.