Adding a billing manager to your organization
A billing manager is a user who manages the billing settings for your organization, such as updating payment information. This is a great option if regular members of your organization don't typically have access to billing resources.
Members of your organization's Owners team can give billing manager permissions to people. Once a person accepts their invitation to become a billing manager for your organization, they can invite additional people to be billing managers.
Note: Billing managers do not use paid licenses in your organization's subscription.
Billing managers can:
- Upgrade or downgrade the account
- Add, update, or remove payment methods
- View payment history
- Download receipts
- View, invite, and remove billing managers
In addition, all billing managers will receive billing receipts by email on the organization's billing date.
Billing managers are not able to:
- Create or access repositories in your organizations
- See private members of your organization
- Be seen in the list of organization members
- Purchase, edit, or cancel subscriptions for GitHub Marketplace apps
Tip: If your organization requires members, billing managers, and outside collaborators to use two-factor authentication, the user must enable two-factor authentication before they can accept your invitation to become a billing manager for the organization.
The invited person will receive an invitation email asking them to become a billing manager for your organization. Once the invited person clicks the accept link in their invitation email, they will automatically be added to the organization as a billing manager. If they don't already have a GitHub account, they will be directed to sign up for one, and they will be automatically added to the organization as a billing manager after they create an account.
- In the top right corner of GitHub, click your profile photo, then click Your profile.
- On the left side of your profile page, under "Organizations", click the icon for your organization.
- Under your organization name, click Settings.
- In your organization's Settings sidebar, click Billing.
- Next to Billing managers, click Add a billing manager.
- Type the username or email address of the person you want to add and click Send invitation.