Article version: GitHub.com
Adding issues and pull requests to a project board
You can add issues and pull requests to a project board in the form of cards and triage them into columns.
You can add issue or pull request cards to your project board by:
- Dragging cards from the Triage section in the sidebar.
- Typing the issue or pull request URL in a card.
- Searching for issues or pull requests in the project board search sidebar.
You can put a maximum of 2,500 cards into each project column. If a column has reached the maximum number of cards, no cards can be moved into that column.
Note: You can also add notes to your project board to serve as task reminders, references to issues and pull requests from any repository on GitHub, or to add related information to your project board. For more information, see "Adding notes to a project board."
You can view and make lightweight edits to issues and pull requests within your project board by clicking on the issue or pull request's title.
You can link up to twenty-five repositories to your organization or user-owned project board. Linking repositories makes it easier to add issues and pull requests from those repositories to your project board using Add cards or from the issue or pull requests sidebar. When you search for issues and pull requests to add to your project board, the search automatically scopes to your linked repositories. You can remove these qualifiers to search within all organization repositories. For more information, see "Linking a repository to a project board."
Navigate to the project board where you want to add issues and pull requests.
In your project board, click Add cards.
Search for issues and pull requests to add to your project board using search qualifiers. For more information on search qualifiers you can use, see "Searching issues."
- You can also add an issue or pull request by typing the URL in a card.
- If you're working on a specific feature, you can apply a label to each related issue or pull request for that feature, and then easily add cards to your project board by searching for the label name. For more information, see "Apply labels to issues and pull requests."
From the filtered list of issues and pull requests, drag the card you'd like to add to your project board and drop it in the correct column. Alternatively, you can move cards using keyboard shortcuts. For more information about keyboard shortcuts, see "Project boards" in "Keyboard shortcuts."
Tip: You can drag and drop or use keyboard shortcuts to reorder cards and move them between columns. For more information about keyboard shortcuts, see "Project boards" in "Keyboard shortcuts."
- On the right side of an issue or pull request, click Projects .
- Click the Recent, Repository,User, or Organization tab for the project board you would like to add to.
- Type the name of the project in Filter projects field.
- Select one or more project boards where you want to add the issue or pull request.
- Click , then click the column where you want your issue or pull request. The card will move to the bottom of the project board column you select.