Creating a security advisory
You can create a draft security advisory to privately discuss and fix a security vulnerability in your open source project.
Anyone with admin permissions to a repository can create a security advisory.
- On GitHub, navigate to the main page of the repository.
- Under your repository name, click Security.
- In the left sidebar, click Advisories.
- Click New draft security advisory.
- Type a title for your security advisory.
- Type the details about the security vulnerability that the security advisory addresses.
- Type a description of the security vulnerability.
- Click Create security advisory.
- Comment on the draft security advisory to discuss the vulnerability with your team.
- Add collaborators to the security advisory. For more information, see "Adding a collaborator to a security advisory."
- Privately collaborate to fix the vulnerability in a temporary private fork. For more information, see "Collaborating in a temporary private fork to resolve a security vulnerability."
- Publish the security advisory to notify your community of the security vulnerability. For more information, see "Publishing a security advisory."