Article version: GitHub.com
At GitHub, we use our products every day and have developed a workflow to collaborate on projects. To make it work for teams regardless of their size or technical expertise, we made sure each step in our workflow can be completed within a web-based interface.
- Create a branch from the repository.
- Create, edit, rename, move, or delete files.
- Send a pull request from your branch with your proposed changes to kick off a discussion.
- Make changes on your branch as needed. Your pull request will update automatically.
- Merge the pull request once the branch is ready to be merged.
- Tidy up your branches using the delete button in the pull request or on the branches page.
- The illustrated guide to "Understanding the GitHub Flow"