Article version: Enterprise Server 2.19
Setting permissions for adding outside collaborators
To protect your organization's data and the number of paid licenses used in your organization, you can allow only owners to invite outside collaborators to organization repositories.
Restricting the ability to add outside collaborators to owners is available with GitHub Enterprise Cloud. For more information, see "GitHub's products."
Organization owners, and members with admin privileges for a repository, can invite outside collaborators to work on the repository. You can also restrict outside collaborator invite permissions to only organization owners.
- In the top right corner of GitHub Enterprise, click your profile photo, then click Your profile.
- On the left side of your profile page, under "Organizations", click the icon for your organization.
- Under your organization name, click Settings.
- In the left sidebar, click Member privileges.
- Under "Repository invitations", select Allow members to invite outside collaborators to repositories for this organization.
- Click Save.