Choosing the delivery method for your notifications
You can receive your notifications on your GitHub Enterprise Server instance or have them delivered through your email client.
In this article
For personal accounts, notification emails are automatically sent to your default notification email.
You'll only receive email notifications if outbound email support is enabled on your GitHub Enterprise Server instance. For more information, contact your site administrator.
Choosing the delivery method for notifications about repository activity
In the upper-right corner of any page, click your profile photo, then click Settings.
In the user settings sidebar, click Notifications.
Configure how you would like to receive notifications you either participate in or watch by selecting the checkboxes:
- Selecting Email sends an email to your default notification email.
- Selecting Web allows you to access the notifications on your GitHub Enterprise Server instance.
If you selected Email for conversations you're either participating in or watching, choose which updates you receive by selecting the checkboxes in the "Notification email" section:
- Select Comments on Issues and Pull Requests to receive an email when someone makes a comment in an issue or in the "Conversation" tab of a pull request.
- Select Pull request reviews to receive an email when someone makes a review comment in the "Files changed" tab of a pull request.
- Select Pull request pushes to receive an email when someone adds commits to a pull request that you're subscribed to.
- Select Include your own updates to receive an email when you open, comment on, or close an issue or pull request.