Repository owners and collaborators, and people with write access to a repository, can lock conversations on issues, pull requests, and commits permanently or temporarily to defuse a heated interaction.
It's appropriate to lock a conversation when the entire conversation is not constructive or violates your community's code of conduct. When you lock a conversation, you can also specify a reason, which is publicly visible.
While a conversation is locked, only people with write access and repository owners and collaborators can add comments.
- Optionally, write a comment explaining why you're locking the conversation.
- In the right margin of the issue or pull request, or above the comment box on the commit page, click Lock conversation.
- Optionally, choose a reason for locking the conversation.
- Read the information about locking conversations and click Lock conversation on this issue, Lock conversation on this pull request, or Lock conversation on this commit.
- When you're ready to unlock the conversation, click Unlock conversation.