Installing GitHub Desktop
You can install GitHub Desktop on supported Microsoft Windows or macOS operating systems.
Before you set up GitHub Desktop, you must already have a GitHub or GitHub Enterprise account.
- For more information on creating a GitHub account, see "Signing up for a new GitHub account".
- For a GitHub Enterprise account, contact your GitHub Enterprise site administrator.
You can install GitHub Desktop on macOS 10.10 or later .
- Visit the GitHub Desktop download page.
- Choose Download for Mac.
- In your computer's Downloads folder, double-click the GitHub Desktop zip file.
- After the file has been unzipped, double-click GitHub Desktop.
You can install GitHub Desktop on Microsoft Windows 7 or later .
Warning: You must have a 64-bit operating system to run GitHub Desktop.
Visit the GitHub Desktop download page.
Choose Download for Windows.
Note: If you are a network administrator, you can use the GitHub Desktop Windows installer package to deploy GitHub Desktop.
In your computer's Downloads folder, double-click GitHub Desktop.
In the pop-up window, click Install.
After the program has been installed, click Run.
After you've launched GitHub Desktop, you can choose to set up GitHub Desktop right away, or you can skip the setup process.