Authenticating to GitHub
Keeping your account and data secure
- Creating a strong password
- Updating your GitHub access credentials
- Creating a personal access token for the command line
- Reviewing your SSH keys
- Reviewing your deploy keys
- Authorizing OAuth Apps
- Reviewing your authorized integrations
- Connecting with third-party applications
- Reviewing your authorized applications (OAuth)
- Reviewing your security log
- Removing sensitive data from a repository
- About anonymized image URLs
- About GitHub's IP addresses
- GitHub's SSH key fingerprints
- Sudo mode
- Preventing unauthorized access
Securing your account with two-factor authentication (2FA)
- About two-factor authentication
- Configuring two-factor authentication
- Configuring two-factor authentication recovery methods
- Accessing GitHub using two-factor authentication
- Recovering your account if you lose your 2FA credentials
- Changing two-factor authentication delivery methods for your mobile device
- Countries where SMS authentication is supported
- Disabling two-factor authentication for your personal account
Authenticating to a GitHub organization with SAML single sign-on
- About authentication with SAML single sign-on
- Authorizing an SSH key for use with a SAML single sign-on organization
- Authorizing a personal access token for use with a SAML single sign-on organization
- Viewing and managing your active SAML sessions
Connecting to GitHub with SSH
- About SSH
- Checking for existing SSH keys
- Generating a new SSH key and adding it to the ssh-agent
- Adding a new SSH key to your GitHub account
- Testing your SSH connection
- Working with SSH key passphrases
- Using SSH over the HTTPS port
- Recovering your SSH key passphrase
- Deleted or missing SSH keys
- "Error: Permission denied (publickey)"
- "Error: Bad file number"
- "Error: Key already in use"
- "Error: Permission to user/repo denied to other-user"
- "Error: Permission to user/repo denied to user/other-repo"
- "Error: Agent admitted failure to sign"
- "Error: ssh-add: illegal option -- K"
- "Error: SSL certificate problem, verify that the CA cert is OK"
- "Error: We're doing an SSH key audit"
Managing commit signature verification
- About commit signature verification
- Checking for existing GPG keys
- Generating a new GPG key
- Adding a new GPG key to your GitHub account
- Telling Git about your signing key
- Associating an email with your GPG key
- Signing commits
- Signing tags