Inviting users to join your organization
You can invite anyone to become a member of your organization using their GitHub username or email address.
- Only organization owners can invite users to join an organization. For more information, see "Permission levels for an organization."
- If your organization is on a paid per-user plan, an unused seat must be available before you can invite a new member to join the organization or reinstate a former organization member. For more information, see "About per-user pricing."
- If your organization requires members to use two-factor authentication, users you invite must enable two-factor authentication before they can accept the invitation.
In the top right corner of GitHub, click your profile photo, then click Your profile.
On the left side of your profile page, under "Organizations", click the icon for your organization.
Under your organization name, click People.
On the People tab, click Invite member.
- Type the username, full name, or email address of the person you want to invite and click Invite.
- If the person you're inviting was an organization member within the last three months, choose whether to restore their privileges or start fresh, then click Invite and reinstate or Invite and start fresh.
If the person you're inviting has never been a member of the organization or if you cleared their privileges, choose a role for the user, and optionally add them to some teams, then click Send invitation.
The invited person will receive an email inviting them to the organization. They will need to accept the invitation before becoming a member of the organization.
You can edit or cancel an invitation any time before the user accepts.