Using actions from GitHub Marketplace in your workflow
You can browse and search for actions in GitHub Marketplace to use in your workflows.
GitHub Actions is available with GitHub Free, GitHub Pro, GitHub Team, and GitHub Enterprise Cloud. GitHub Actions is unavailable for per-repository plans, which are legacy billing plans. For more information, see "GitHub's products."
In this article
- About actions in GitHub Marketplace
- Browsing actions in the workflow editor
- Browsing actions in GitHub Marketplace
- Adding an action to your workflow from the workflow editor
About actions in GitHub Marketplace
GitHub Marketplace is a central location for you to find actions created by the GitHub community.
Actions created by verified organizations have a badge to show that GitHub has verified the creator of the action. For more information, see "Verifying your organization's domain."
You can discover new actions from the workflow editor on GitHub, and from the GitHub Marketplace page.
Viewing actions directly in the workflow editor provides quick access to all actions in GitHub Marketplace. The GitHub Marketplace actions page offers more flexibility to filter actions by category.
Browsing actions in the workflow editor
You can search and browse actions directly in your repository's workflow editor. From the sidebar, you can search for a specific action, view featured actions, and browse featured categories. You can also view the number of stars an action has received from the GitHub community.
- In your repository, browse to the workflow file you want to edit.
- In the upper right corner of the file view, to open the workflow editor, click .
- To the right of the editor, use the GitHub Marketplace sidebar to browse actions.
Browsing actions in GitHub Marketplace
You can find the same actions on the GitHub Marketplace actions page. On the GitHub Marketplace page, you have more flexibility to filter actions by category and verification.
Adding an action to your workflow from the workflow editor
An action's listing page includes the action's version and the workflow syntax required to use the action.
- Navigate to the action you want to use in your workflow.
- Under "Installation", click to copy the workflow syntax.
- Paste the syntax as a new step in your workflow. For more information, see "Workflow syntax for GitHub Actions."
- If the action requires you to provide variables, set them in your workflow. For information on what variables an action might require, see the action's full listing in the GitHub Marketplace.