GitHub offers free accounts for users and organizations working on public and open source projects, as well as paid accounts that offer unlimited private repositories and optional user management and security features.
If you want more information about account types, you can read about the difference between a user and an organization account and GitHub's billing plans.
Tip: You do not need a paid user account to access and collaborate on repositories in an organization.
Signing up for service
- Go to GitHub's Pricing page.
- Read the information about the different accounts and plans that GitHub offers.
- To sign up for a paid plan, click the link below the type of plan you'd like to use.
- To sign up for an account on the free plan, click Sign up for one of our free plans.
- Follow the prompts to create your personal account and optionally, upgrade your personal account or create and upgrade an organization account.