Teams give organizations the ability to group collaborators and repositories.
Each team has its own individually defined access permissions for repositories.
- Members of the Owners team can modify teams and assign teams to repositories.
- Members with Admin access control the organization's admin team.
Each user must have a personal account before they can be added to the organization.
- If you're not already signed in to GitHub, sign in to your personal user account. If you're already signed in, go to your personal dashboard.
- In the top left corner of your personal dashboard, click your user name.
- In the account context switcher, select the organization.
On the organization dashboard, click the Teams tab.
On the Teams page, click the name of a team; for example, Owners.
Type the username of the person you want to add.