At GitHub, we have a deceptively simple workflow that we use to collaborate on projects. It worked for us when we were a small team and continues to work even as we've grown to over 200 employees.
Because we use this workflow every day, we've enabled the ability to complete each piece within a web-based interface.
Click the links in the steps below to learn how you can use the GitHub workflow too!
- Create a branch right from the repository.
- Create, edit, rename, move, or delete files.
- Send a pull request from your branch with your changes to kick off a discussion.
- Make changes on your branch as needed. Your pull request will update automatically.
- Merge the pull request, once the branch is ready to go, using the big green button.
- Tidy up your branches using the delete button in the pull request or on the branches page.