- In another user's repository, browse to the folder that contains the file you want to edit. Click the name of the file you want to edit.
- Above the file content, click . At this point, GitHub forks the repository for you.
- Make any changes you need to the file.
Above the new content, click Preview changes.
At the bottom of the page, type a short, meaningful commit message that describes the change you made to the file. You can attribute the commit to more than one author in the commit message. For more information, see "Creating a commit with multiple co-authors."
Click Propose file change.
- Type a title and description for your pull request.
- Click Create pull request.