masterbranch is kept clean and tidy.
Pull requests can only be opened if there are differences between your branch and the upstream branch. You can specify which branch you'd like to merge your changes into when you create your pull request.
- On GitHub, navigate to the repository from which you'd like to propose changes.
- In the "Branch" menu, choose the branch that contains your commits.
- To the left of the "Branch" menu, click the green Compare and Review button.
- The Compare page will automatically select the base and compare branches; to change these, click Edit.
- On the Compare page, click Create pull request.
- Type a title and description for your pull request.
- Click Create pull request.
After your pull request has been reviewed, it can be merged into the repository.