You can create a new repository on your personal account or any organization where you have sufficient permissions.
Tip: To create repositories in an organization, you must be a member of the Owners or Admin teams. For more information, see Adding organization members to a team.
- In your user bar at the top right of any page, click the Create a New Repo button
- Select the account you wish to create the repository on
- Type a name for your repository, and an optional description.
- You can choose to to make the repository either public or private. Public repositories are visible to the public, while private repositories are only accessible to you, and people you share them with.
- There's a number of optional items you can pre-populate your repository with:
- When you're finished, click Create repository.