You can change the email address associated with your user account at any time.
If you do not verify your email address, you will not be able to:
- Create or fork repositories
- Create issues or pull requests
- Comment on issues, pull requests, or commits
- Authorize OAuth App applications
- Generate personal access tokens
- Receive email notifications
You cannot verify email addresses from disposable domains. If you'd like to keep your email address private, you can use a GitHub-provided
noreplyemail address. For more information, see "About commit email addresses."
- In the upper-right corner of any page, click your profile photo, then click Settings.
In the left sidebar, click Emails.
If desired, under "Add another address", type a new email address and click Add.
- Next to the new email address, click Set as Primary.
To remove the old email address from your account, next to the old email, click Delete.