You can change the email address associated with your user account at any time.
If you do not verify your email address, you will not be able to:
- Create or fork repositories
- Create issues or pull requests
- Comment on issues, pull requests, or commits
- Authorize OAuth App applications
- Generate personal access tokens
- Receive email notifications
You cannot verify email addresses from disposable domains. If you'd like to keep your email address private, you can use a GitHub-provided
noreplyemail address. For more information, see "About commit email addresses."
- In the upper-right corner of any page, click your profile photo, then click Settings.
In the left sidebar, click Emails.
If you'd like to add a new email address to set as your primary email address, under "Add email address", type a new email address and click Add.
- Under "Primary email address", use the drop-down menu to click the email address you'd like to set as your primary email address, and click Save.
To remove the old email address from your account, next to the old email, click .