If you lose access to the two-factor authentication methods for your GitHub account, you can retrieve your account recovery token from a partner recovery provider and ask GitHub Support to review it.
- Before you retrieve an account recovery token, you should try using your two-factor authentication codes or your two-factor authentication recovery codes to regain access to your account. For more information, see "Recovering your account if you lose your 2FA credentials."
- If you're unable to regain access to your account, you should contact GitHub Support before retrieving your account recovery token.
- On Facebook, navigate to your Security Settings, then click Recover Accounts Elsewhere.
- Click the recovery token associated with your GitHub account.
- To redeem your account recovery token, click Recover This Account. A new window will open, returning you to GitHub.
- Contact GitHub Support to let them know that your account recovery token is ready for review.