Article version: GitHub.com
Adding an email address to your GitHub account
GitHub allows you to add as many email addresses to your account as you like. If you set an email address in your local Git configuration, you will need to add it to your account settings in order to connect your commits to your account. For more information about your email address and commits, see "Setting your commit email address."
Note: You cannot verify email addresses from disposable domains. If you'd like to keep your email address private, you can use a GitHub-provided
noreply email address. For more information, see "Setting your commit email address on GitHub."
- In the upper-right corner of any page, click your profile photo, then click Settings.
- In the left sidebar, click Emails.
- In "Add email address", type your email address and click Add.
- Verify your email address.
- In the "Primary email address" list, select the email address you'd like to associate with your web-based Git operations.