Adding organizations to your enterprise account
You can create new organizations to manage within your enterprise account.
Enterprise accounts are available with GitHub Enterprise Cloud and GitHub Enterprise Server. For more information, see "About enterprise accounts."
Enterprise owners can create new organizations within an enterprise account's settings.
To add an organization to your enterprise account, you must create the organization from within the enterprise account settings. You cannot transfer existing organizations into an enterprise account.
New organizations you create within your enterprise account settings are included in your enterprise account's GitHub Enterprise Cloud subscription. For more information on collaborating in organizations, see "Setting up and managing organizations and teams."
Enterprise owners who create an organization owned by the enterprise account automatically become organization owners. For more information about organization owners, see "Permission levels for an organization."
- Navigate to your enterprise account by visiting
ENTERPRISE-NAMEwith your enterprise account's name.
- On the Organizations tab, above the list of organizations, click New organization.
- Under "Organization name", type a name for your organization.
- Click Create organization.
- Under "Invite owners", type the username of a person you'd like to invite to become an organization owner, then click Invite.
- Click Finish.