Limiting interactions in your repository
People with owner or admin access can temporarily restrict certain users from commenting, opening issues, or creating pull requests in your public repository to enforce a period of limited activity.
After 24 hours, users can resume normal activity in your repository.
Tip: Organization owners can enable organization-wide activity limitations. If organization-wide activity limitations are enabled, you can't limit activity for individual repositories. For more information, see "Limiting interactions in your organization."
- On GitHub, navigate to the main page of the repository.
- Under your repository name, click
- In your repository's Settings sidebar, click Interaction limits.
Under "Temporary interaction limits", click one or more options:
- Limit to existing users: Limits activity for users with accounts that are less than 24 hours old who do not have prior contributions and are not collaborators.
- Limit to prior contributors: Limits activity for users who have not previously contributed and are not collaborators.
- Limit to repository collaborators Limits activity for users who are not collaborators.