Blocking a user from your personal account
You can block a user to deny them access to your activity and repositories, and to prevent them from sending you notifications.
You can block a user in your account settings or from the user's profile. GitHub will not notify the user when you block them. If you want to avoid contributing to the same project as someone you've blocked, you can choose to display a warning on any repositories with prior contributions from a blocked user.
Tip: If you're blocking a user because of a heated conversation, consider locking the conversation so only collaborators can comment.
When you block a user:
- The user stops following you
- The user stops watching your repositories
- The user's stars and issue assignments are removed from your repositories
- The user is removed as a collaborator on your repositories
- You're removed as a collaborator on their repositories
- Their sponsorship of you is cancelled
After you've blocked a user, they cannot:
- Send you any notifications, including by @mentioning your username
- Comment on issues or pull requests that you've created
- React to your comments on issues, pull requests, and commits
- Follow you or see your content in their activity feed
- Invite you as a collaborator on their repositories
- Invite you as a collaborator on a security advisory
- Cross-reference your repositories in comments
- Fork, watch, or star your repositories
- Sponsor you
In repositories you own, blocked users also cannot:
- Open issues or send pull requests
- Comment on issues, pull requests, or commits
- Add or edit wiki pages
In the upper-right corner of any page, click your profile photo, then click Settings.
In your user settings sidebar, click Blocked users.
Under "Block a user", type the username of the user you'd like to block, then click Block user.
Optionally, to display a warning when you visit a repository where a blocked user is a contributor, select Warn me when a blocked user is a prior contributor to a repository.
Visit the user's profile page.
In the left sidebar, under the user's profile picture, click Block or report user.
Click Block user.