Article version: Enterprise Server 2.20
Preparing to submit a ticket
Help GitHub Support help you faster by following these suggestions before you open a support ticket.
Before submitting a ticket, you should:
- Obtain information that can help GitHub Support track, prioritize, reproduce, or investigate the issue.
- Reproduce the issue if applicable and be prepared to share the steps.
- Be prepared to provide a full description of the issue and expected results.
- Copy exact wording of all error messages related to your issue.
- Determine if there is an existing ticket number in any ongoing communications with GitHub Support.
- Determine the best person to contact GitHub Support.
For more information, see "Submitting a ticket."
Especially for tickets with Urgent priority, the person contacting GitHub Support should:
- Be knowledgeable in your internal systems, tools, policies, and practices.
- Be a proficient user of GitHub Enterprise Server.
- Have full access and permissions to any services that are required to troubleshoot the issue.
- Be authorized to make the recommended changes to your network and any applicable products.