Viewing the branch history
You can see details about any commit in GitHub Desktop, including a diff of the changes the commit introduced.
Each commit shows:
- The commit message
- The time the commit was created
- The committer's username and profile photo (if available)
- The commit's SHA-1 hash (the unique ID)
- Click History.
- On the History tab, click the commit you'd like to review.
- If there are multiple files in the commit, click on an individual file to see the changes made to that file in that commit.