Learn common and advanced workflows in Git to enhance your experience using GitHub.
Getting started with Git and GitHub
- Setting your username in Git
- Caching your GitHub password in Git
- Why is Git always asking for my password?
- Updating credentials from the OSX Keychain
Learning about Git
- Git workflows
- Associating text editors with Git
- Configuring Git to handle line endings
- Ignoring files
Using common Git commands
- Pushing commits to a remote repository
- Getting changes from a remote repository
- Dealing with non-fast-forward errors
Managing remote repositories
- About remote repositories
- Which remote URL should I use?
- Adding a remote
- Changing a remote's URL
- Renaming a remote
- Removing a remote